RebornOS Fire - anbox installation

Hi! I’ve just installed RebornOS. Have difficulties with RebornOS fire. I tried to install Anbox after the initial installation of OS. But it didn’t install anything. After I installed some apps, the RebornOS fire app doesn’t load anymore. So, now I have two issues - the app itself, and with Anbox installation script - is it even working script?

Elgar:

I have advised the developer, who is going to review it. Sorry for the inconvenience. An attempt will be made to resolve it as soon as possible.

I hope you are well.

Regards!

If you launch Rebornos fire through terminal does it give you any errors?

Ok, I reinstalled RebornOS again. This time in the pamac options I didn’t check the option to downgrade packages. Because the last time I did it, for some reason pamac downgraded a lot of packages - never happened something like that before.

So, maybe the issue was that downgrading messed up something in the system. I’ll see how everything else works from this point.

I haven’t tried installing Anbox yet.

Thank you for the responses!

1 Like

Hi! I’ve figured out the problem with rebornos-fire not launching. It stops launching as soon as I switch to the Russian locale. As soon as I return to the English locale, the app starts normally. So the problem is with the localels different from English or maybe different from all locales that don’t use latinic.

Anbox script still doesn’t work.

1 Like

So, the issue with anbox is that with the newer kernels ashmem-linux and binder-linux kernel modules are disabled by default. I am running some testing but the short term work around is to install a kernel with those enabled (linux-zen-anbox) or recompile your current kernel to use the two options above.

Michael

1 Like

ок, I thought so. Thanks. Please update if anything changes.

Hi there.
Fιrst of all i am sorry for my English it is not my mother tongue.

I had the same problem and I did the following

I went here: https: //osdn.net/projects/rebornos/releases/74272
click here “rebornos-fire-5.8-1.3-any.pkg.tar.zst” and you will download the “rebornos-fire-5.8-1.3-any.pkg.tar.tar” file after you extract it you will find folders and subfolders
in the path “rebornos-fire-5.7-1-any.pkg.tar.tar_FILES/usr/share/applications” you will find the file “RebornOS FIRE” you will replace what you have here /usr/share/applications with the new one.
And in the same way you will replace the old files with the new ones.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m facing a similar issue. I’m not able to install Anbox from Reborn Fire. The Reborn fire doesn’t show the app is installed. The Application Launcher shows the Anbox Manager after few minutes of clicking ‘Install Anbox’. When I launch the application, it tries to load the app, but it crashes without opening Anbox. I also tried installing the linux-zen kernel and tried installing Anbox, but it clashes too. Can you please guide me through the correct process to install anbox.

Thanks

Hey we’re still looking into the issue we’ll come with instructions once we figured out a work around to get Anbox working again.

2 Likes

Responding to the query made about Anbox:

Anbox on Arch Linux does not work (perhaps later in time it will be operational again. Remember that it is software in Beta state). Unfortunately, we have done all possible tests, and have not achieved a positive result.

What we can recommend is that you try to use Android Emulator (present in our repository) instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope you have a nice day.

You can now install Anbox on RebornOS by following the steps here on the RebornOS Wiki: Anbox Installation Guide - RebornOS Wiki :slightly_smiling_face: . This has been tested by multiple people.

1 Like