Reborn Fire/Enl

Well I installed the enlightenment desktop option from Reborn-Fire.
It installed stuff that I don’t think is enlightenment related and did not install enlightenment itself.
Obviously I cmdlined it into installation myself.

Hello,

I am sorry that you are facing issues with RebornOS FIRE, I’d like to know what version of RebornOS FIRE are you running? You can open RebornOS FIRE and goto the about section to get the version.

Best,
SoulHarsh007
Head Developer - RebornOS FIRE

The most current…this was installed today.
V1.0.0-rc4
I believe it installed some qt things…which I don’t believe have anything to do with E. Might check list of requirements/dependencies in the cosmic-enlightenment package.
Technically speaking the application worked fine…just the data feed was flawed (my estimation).

1 Like

Hello,

We have identified the root cause of the issue and a fix for this has been applied to rebornos-cosmic-enlightenment and the fixed build would be available soon. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Best,
SoulHarsh007
Head Developer - RebornOS FIRE

Pleased to help, I’d love to see more people trying Enlightenment.

1 Like

Sorry i’m just French so…please excuse poor Brits ways…
Just a few 10000 years of wars & no way to understand left-drive !
Did u try KDE>>> works just fine on my lap- the one with rebornos
Fire ok too
Whats next ? Hell ???..

Err, I’m American, so French is even more well ‘French’ to me. However, the only issue was package definitions. Nothing really wrong (just umm a careless mistake).

I reinstalled last night (wiped HD by accident/stupidity with dd), the cosmic-enlightenment package remains incorrect.

The enlightenment desktop has been discontinued in the installer. Do you have an updated version of the installer, or are you using an old one?

Greetings.

I noticed that, I installed Gnome and then installed (or tried to install) using rebornos-fire. If you no longer want to offer Enlightenment, you should probably remove it there too.

1 Like