Openbox "Vanilla"

Good morning guys!

I installed Reborn-OS Openbox, but something went wrong. My system displays an Openbox Vanilla, not the environment that is shown on the website. Could someone please help me with Openbox setup?

Hi thanks for reaching out I have approved your post as it was flagged for being suspicious.

Can you show me your current situation? so I got an idea of what needs to be fixed.

Also welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Hello there, CookieSource!

Thereā€™s not too much to show you. This is the screen just after installing RebornOS with Openbox.

As I began saying, this is a vanilla installation of Openbox, having ā€˜tint2ā€™ included as a panel.

Thatā€™s normal (I think) we donā€™t theme our desktops you have to go from there yourself

1 Like

But RebornOSā€™ website shows a wonderful Openbox desktop, it seems to be meticulously themed. Thatā€™s why I installed this distro.

You mightā€™ve confused jlthe desktops where did you see ā€œOpenbox themedā€ can u show us what u saw?

Cause looking at the website I see a similar theme to yours

Itā€™s no longer there, on your website, but it was when I downloaded the ISO, now itā€™s changed. It is showing a vanilla Openbox, maybe like this one I have installed.

Iā€™m trying to rice this desktop, however Iā€™m not experienced with Openbox, I had EndeavourOS plus Openbox, and switched to RebornOS because of the better desktop I saw. Do you have any script to rice this desktop?

Dunno Cookie will tellhe manages the site

No we donā€™t have scripts, we were looking for people that had time to like rice the desktops for us

When did you download the ISO, Since the openbox look on the website was last updated. on 2022/08/18 at 1:26 donā€™t even question why Iā€™m awake at 1 AM :sweat: and thatā€™s the only one thatā€™s ever been on this version of the website. over a year ago we used to have a different website but it didnā€™t have a desktop preview. Perhaps you saw a different image in one of the announcements for RebornOS ARM thatā€™s really the only thing I can think off but that was most likely Sway and not openbox