Partition problem ( RESOLVED )

Hello,

On my hard disk, I have two partitions: /dev/sda1 of 464 gio in ext4 and another unallocated of the same size. I want to join the two to have only one of 930 gio but I don’t know how to do… Thanks for the help.# fdisk -l
Disque /dev/sda : 931,51 GiB, 1000204886016 octets, 1953525168 secteurs
Modèle de disque : WDC WD10JPVX-22J
Unités : secteur de 1 × 512 = 512 octets
Taille de secteur (logique / physique) : 512 octets / 4096 octets
taille d’E/S (minimale / optimale) : 4096 octets / 4096 octets
Type d’étiquette de disque : dos
Identifiant de disque : 0x3e1827bc

Périphérique Amorçage Début Fin Secteurs Taille Id Type
/dev/sda1 * 974875650 1949329407 974453758 464,7G 83 Linux

La partition 1 ne commence pas sur une frontière de cylindre physique.
mic-artix:[root]:~#

You can use gparted (It is a graphical storage management tool) and extend the partition which has been formatted with the ext4 filesystem. The order of partition matters - you can only extend a partition from its end. You will have to apply the changes finally when you are satisfied manipulating the partition in gparted.

Française

Vous pouvez utiliser gparted (c’est un outil de gestion de stockage graphique) et étendre la partition qui a été formatée avec le système de fichiers ext4. L’ordre des partitions est important : vous ne pouvez étendre une partition qu’à partir de sa fin. Vous devrez enfin appliquer les modifications lorsque vous serez satisfait de manipuler la partition dans gparted.

Thank you,
The unallocated partition is on the left and I cannot resize it. ( only “new” )

Can you share a screenshot of gparted?

Je ne parviens pas à poster une image. Le système m’annonce une erreur sans préciser laquelle.

You should be able to upload images now

Non, toujours impossible :smiling_face_with_tear:

I apologize. Can you check now?

No, it still doesn’t. I’ve solved my problem: booting on live usb, placing sda1 on the left and resizing possible. ( simple mais il fallaie le savoir :slight_smile: )