I can't install RebornOs

Hello, I’m trying to install RebornOS, at the second stage, when selecting a country, the “next” button does not work (attached a screenshot), I’m trying to install on an Asus tuf dash 15 FX517ZM laptop. I have a 512 GB ssd drive, drive C (376GB) is divided into 2 parts, my main Windows 10 is installed here, and drive D (100GB) I want to install RebornOS on it, I formatted this drive D for ext4 format, it still didn’t solve it my problem. If anything, I’m not a programmer, so I hope for clear help, thanks.

Hi @Sadboy91

1. Try waiting for 3 minutes to see if the Next button is usable. kpmcore sometimes causes a long delay and it is used in the installer.

2. Is this the February ISO? The one on the website is outdated and I am waiting on that being updated. Until then, please use the ISO from here:
    https://rebornos.discourse.group/t/updated-iso
    Here is a Google Drive Link to the ISO that I just built:
    rebornos_iso-2024.02.16-x86_64.iso - Google Drive

1 Like

what kind did you choose - install online or install offline ?
Have you tried it several times or just once ?
how big is your RAM ?

1 Like

RAM 16gb, tried both online and offline, tried many times

I tried to download your version: rebornos_iso-2024.02.16-x86_64.iso - Google Drive
Everything is the same, at stage 1, when choosing a language, it shows a loading slider that doesn’t even spin:

At stage 2, the “back” and “next” buttons also do not work, and the languages ​​are also mixed,
I tried both offline and online installation. I waited 10 minutes at each stage

here is a photo of mixing languages:

sounds good to me :+1:

just tried both isos - no issues appeared :sunglasses:

have a look

1 Like

@Sadboy91

Could you share the URL you obtain when you run

upload-logs

on a terminal after this happens?

This will upload the installer logs to a paste site and will give you a URL that you can share here.

1 Like

also here an idea: how did you make the boot medium, is it a DVD or USB?
Can you make sure the installation device is OK?

https://termbin.com/cql9

USB boot device, tried 2 different usb devices, nothing changed

1 Like

I also want to say that everything works fine on another laptop.

That is strange. I don’t see anything significant in the logs except for a delay in the partition module. Could you share the output of

sudo fdisk -l

?

@Sadboy91

• Make your USB Flash drive using either Balena Etcher or Rufus (using dd mode only).
  • In your BIOS settings, ensure the below:
    • Use UEFI (not legacy boot)
    • Disable TPM
    • Disable secure boot
      (at least for installation temporarily),
  • Check that running df -h | grep efi on a terminal shows an output.

If you have done all that and the next button is still not working, you may have to redownload the ISO.

1. I have already created a bootable USB flash drive in exactly this way (on the second laptop there are no installation errors)
  2. I already use UEFI
  3. I don’t have a TPM setting in my bios, it’s written on the Internet that new Asus laptops don’t have this setting or it’s disabled by default
  4. When I enter this command I get the following: efivarfs 192k 113k 75k 61% /sys/firmware/efi/efivars

@Sadboy91

Alright. This is very strange. The Calamares installer works in mysterious ways. Have you tried setting your keyboard layout and locale from the Xfce desktop environment in the ISO? That might help if you do it before launching the installer (it seems from your logs that the installer is unable to settle on a keyboard layout).

Otherwise if you want to quickly install an OS, you can try installing pure Arch, which I can also help with, on our Discord server.

Version 16.2. Nvidia or first row install, always the same. Only get to the first stage. Then no bluetooth or network connection possible. No network visible. To me a driver issue. Touchpad moves the courser, but no click possible. So I can´t start any installation… I waited for a while. Shortkey alt+f4 worked.

@Crux899

Are you unable to connect to the internet on the live ISO? Could you share your network hardware details please?

inxi -N

Also, please note that some newer ASUS laptops may have Mediatek hardware that do not yet have Linux drivers in the kernel (it may take them months to years maybe). Is your computer a new ASUS device? If so, you may need a USB Wifi Adapter.

Please create a new topic on the forum for your issues, as this might interfere with the user who has provided details and is awaiting a resolution of the problem.

1 Like

@Crux899 Before you go buying anything, please also share your device’s model or your Wifi card model so that we can ascertain if the driver is in the kernel or not