Windows missing from boot list

Hello everyone! I installed Reborn yesterday, dual booting with Windows. I did read the Wiki first however I installed systemd-boot instead of Grub.
The list and boot works fine, I have 5 options: Fallback, fallback LTS, LTS and normal boot, as well as “firmware options”.

From another forum post on my research, I saw someone having a similar issue but with Grub. People told them they needed to create/edit some loader files. Some mentioned etc/share path, others usr path folders. I assume something along these lines was needed so Windows would appear on the list (which I can boot just fine if I select the loader through bios). The truth is I don’t know what code I would put in and I don’t know which file I would need to create/edit nor where (if that is the solution at all). Let me know of any extra information you may need. Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Hi @latisullivan ,

Could you tell me about your partition layout? Is it GPT or MBR? Do you have an EFI partition or a a legacy boot partition? You may get that information by opening up gparted. Systemd boot should auto detect windows. So a bit more information might help determine what’s going on.

maybe this helps: weywot/Pop_OS_Dual_Boot.md at main · spxak1/weywot · GitHub

I used systemd-boot in the past, it was very easy to configure due to its simplicity. However, I have no systemd-boot experience with any kind of multiboot setup.

See if your install is really UEFI, the open the terminal and type sudo efibootmgr. Look if it has a Windows entry. If yes, the run GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false|sudo tee -a /etc/default/grub && sudo update-grub. Rebbot and see if it works

1 Like