Using RebornOS with UKUI DE - VMWare

When I first installed from the mounted ISO - RebornOS-2021.06.30-x86_64.iso the installation went fine, but after the installation and configuration upon attempting to login from the lightdm greeter it kept going back to the greeter. I corrected the problem by using gdm instead of lightdm. Now it doesn’t get stuck on the greeter loop.

Not sure if this will help others, but this what happened after the initial install using UKUI DE.

1 Like

We appreciate the information. We are going to review it.

Have a good day.

The RebornOS Team

Was literally just having this same issue although I had installed with the Deepin Desktop. I tried reinstalling which didn’t help and tried exiting from the login screen to root and recreating a password for my user account which also didn’t help. While searching here for an answer, I had started a reinstall with the UKUI desktop instead and I was able to log-in just fine. The main difference between the two installations where I wasn’t able to log-in and the one where I am is that I used the green installer for the first two attempts and the blue installer for the last – if that helps at all.

1 Like

In the case of Deepin, in the next version of the installer, it will be accessed through sddm.
We welcome comments.

Have a nice day.

The RebornOS Team