Reborn Deepin on VMWare - logon loops with latest builds

Hi, I’m currently evaluating Reborn Deepin in VMWare Workstation v16 running on Win 10 host with 64GB RAM. Previous install using RebornOS-2021.05.02-x86_64.iso works as expected with no problems. However recent builds, RebornOS-2021.05.27-x86_64.iso and RebornOS-2021.06.09-x86_64.iso, both give problems:
(1) After selecting Time Zone & click Next, keyboard selection screen is blank. Have to press Back, re-select Time Zone & Next to make keyboard screen visible.
(2) After installation completes & virtual machine is rebooted, logon screen accepts password but then loops back to password entry screen over & over.

Is there a fix? Thanks.

Deepin in Arch Linux usually presents problems from time to time. A few days ago I installed it without problems, and now it produces the same error that you indicate (installed with this same installer).

In the installer we warn that Deepin is not very stable. Here they usually test things, and it is in an almost constant beta version.

Greetings, and take care of yourself in these days that we have had to live.

Hi Rafael, thanks for the prompt response. I agree, Deepin is not ready for ‘prime time’. I’ll have a look at the other Reborn desktops but so many to pick from …!

All the best.

@staveley Try LightDM

sudo pacman -S lightdm
sudo systemctl enable --now lightdm.service

This will get you to a login screen where you can try logging in to Deepin

@shivanandvp
Thanks for the tip but didn’t need it.
I recreated a new VM with same settings as before & same 2021.06.09 Reborn iso and logon screen now accepts my password and lets me login to desktop!!!
Now if I could only get open-vm-tools to work resizing the client to fit the host window (which I’m sure used to auto-resize with the old iso 2021.05.02 iso). Back to the drawing board …!!!