Cannot log into session

Does not accept password. Reborn Cinnamon desktop. Attempted logging in fallback, same issue.

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused, I’d like to know which version of ISO did you use to install RebornOS. Additionally, did you try to login to the system via TTY?

Procedure to login via a TTY:

• Switch to a TTY: CTRL + ALT + [Fn] + F2, the Fn key is optional and is required if your keyboard has a Fn key.

• You’ll see a login prompt here, try using your username and password to login. If it works then the issue is with your display manager, else try logging in as root while using the same password as your user’s password, if that works then we will have to setup a user account for you. If this doesn’t, then we will have to use the ISO to chroot into the system and fix it.

Best,
SoulHarsh007

I am logged in on that tty2 that you suggested. Also at the very top it says Arch Linux 5.15.10-arch-1 (tty2). As for the rest of what you mentioned… That was entirely Greek to me. I’m not even sure how to do a root log in… Apparent the account is still there doing it tty2. And in does show up on the normal log in screen. It just insists my password is incorrect. I also noticed the the onscreen keyboard stopped working, too.

Do your login issues persist through reboots?

Yes. Multiple attempts this morning.

Maybe your home is full… how can the OP can see this via tty, @shivanandvp?

@Rodrigo_Chile

df -h

Will show the space usage

1 Like

@WV1SWL I assume you have lightdm. We’ll need to see the logs of the display manager. Try running the below on a tty (Ctrl Alt [Fn] F3):

lightdm --test-mode --debug | less

You’ll need to type q to exit from here.

Or in order to check for common error words,

lightdm --test-mode --debug | grep -i 'fail\|error\|fatal\|unexpected\|unable\|cannot\|'
1 Like