Unable to Boot into Reborn OS

Hello, just downloaded Reborn OS today, and loaded it onto my Ventoy drive to give it a test run. First booted into the live environment on my MBP (mid 2015), and it booted in just fine but no WiFi adapter was found (makes sense, Apple hardware detection is spotty on some Linux distros). But then I tried to boot into the live environment on my ASUS TUF F15 gaming laptop (11th gen i7, 16gb DDR4 RAM, 512gb NVMe), and it refuses to boot. It will run through the checks and get the green ‘OK’, and it’ll go to a white-greyish screen, and show the mouse pointer for around 2-3 seconds, then disappear. The system will sit there for about 1-2 minutes until a prompt comes up that the system had an error it couldn’t recover from, and then asks me to log out and to try again. It does this over and over, and is an endless loop. I’ve tried both the NVIDIA version and nouveau versions with the same result. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Since you do not tell us which version of the installer you are using: Have you used the main version of RebornOS (10.20.2021)? If so, I recommend using the beta version. The beta version is more up to date. The only thing that still needs revision in the beta version is the encryption. Otherwise it works very well, and is currently the most up-to-date.

The beta version can be downloaded from the RebornOS website:

Select RebornOS-Beta

Try it and tell us how it works for you.

I hope you have a good day.

Sorry if I missed any information. Fairly new to all of this, and it can sometimes be a little bit overwhelming, frustrating, especially when I can’t even get the distro to boot. :rofl: It wasn’t the LTS or beta that I was trying, so I will try the beta version! Thank you! I will report back if I still can’t get it to work. Thanks!

1 Like

Sure. When you use the beta version, if you choose online installation, currently you will be able to select any drivers (for WiFi) manually. The offline version installs all drivers (a compromise, because you may have to remove extra ones to debloat). We are testing options for automatic driver selection.

If you could provide some details about your network card (run inxi -N on the live ISO), I can suggest drivers to install.

Also, there are guides for offline and online installation on this Forum (for the beta installer)

2 Likes

Thanks! I will try to grab that inxi whenever I get the free time. I’m leaving for a work trip today, so it might be early next week before I’m able to do so… If this needs to close before then, am I able to reopen it later on? @shivanandvp

1 Like

You can come back and continue. There is no hurry to close the thread

1 Like

@jpierce-coder Please let me know if you need any help! Also, the new ISO and installer are now released as stable.