System crash update

system crash after update
I’m reinstall os power off at reboot don’t read disc
I’m try arco same happen
on manjaro now ( but no issue
must be something in arch update

1 Like

Manjaro delays its packages. So now they have a choice whether to fix this or not. I guess Manjaro may still be on an older version of packages where the problem does not exist yet.

To avoid this update until the problem is fixed, you can edit the pacman.conf file and add grub to the IgnorePkg line. To do this , edit the file:

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

Under the [options] section we look for the line:

#IgnorePkg

Let’s see an example of what we will find:

[options]
# The following paths are commented out with their default values listed.
# If you wish to use different paths, uncomment and update the paths.
#RootDir     = /
#DBPath      = /var/lib/pacman/
#CacheDir    = /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
#LogFile     = /var/log/pacman.log
#GPGDir      = /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/
#HookDir     = /etc/pacman.d/hooks/
HoldPkg     = pacman glibc
#XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl -L -C - -f -o %o %u
#XferCommand = /usr/bin/wget --passive-ftp -c -O %o %u
#CleanMethod = KeepInstalled
Architecture = auto

# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
#IgnorePkg   =
#IgnoreGroup =

What we will have to do is uncomment the line (remove the # character) and add grub. So the line will look like this:

IgnorePkg   = grub

Save the file (Ctrl+o) and exit (Ctrl+x).

This can also be used after updating and having obtained the error, they have corrected it. The change will have to be kept until grub is updated and the error is fixed. When this happens, we will have to edit the pacman.conf file again, and then add the # character to this line (to comment it out), and also remove the file name (grub), leaving it like this:

#IgnorePkg
1 Like

Hi can Rebornos hold stable grub on update?
arcolinux

1 Like

RebornOS uses the Arch Linux repositories, so the updates it receives are the same (with the difference that RebornOS offers various extra packages offered in its own repository). To keep some version of some installed file, you will have to perform, for example, the modification explained in how to modify the pacman.conf file.

In any case, we must remember that this is a rolling release, so it is normal to receive all the updates that occur. Also, it is not recommended to keep the system for a long time without updating.

To be informed of any possible error, or any modification that occurs in Arch Linux, you can visit its website, and read the information that is shown there in the Latest News section.

You can access the list of all the News at:

https://archlinux.org/news/

Greetings, and I hope you are well.

1 Like