Switching to Pamac-All, is it possible?

Sorry n00b here (fairly new to Arch based distros, been using *buntu since 2007), is it possible to switch from pamac-aur to pamac-all? Would love to benefit from Snap and Flatpak in Pamac.

Kindly advise. Was hoping to find a quick and easy command to do it in the CLI, since Pamac doesn’t seem to agree with the idea of uninstalling itself.

Hi @titaniumtux :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for the confusion, but it seems like the one offered at RebornOS might already have Snap and Flatpak support even though the name indicates it is pamac-aur. If installing Snap/Flatpak (Packages snapd and flatpak respectively) and then enabling them in the pamac settings does not work, then as a last resort, you can install pamac-all using

yay -S aur/pamac-all

(you can just press the Enter key for all questions to choose defaults)

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I rebooted RebornOS after enabling Snap and Flatpak as per the wiki instructions and I still didn’t see it in Reborn OS’s pamac-AUR. Thank you for the command!

I’m still stuck. CLI asks me after I run that command:

=> Packages to cleanBuild?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)

==> Diffs to show?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)

then I’m stuck here

+++ /home/user/.cache/yay/pamac-all/PKGBUILD
@@ -0,0 +1,43 @@
:

@titaniumtux

In the post above I suggest pressing the Enter key for all questions it may ask :slightly_smiling_face:. Pressing Enter chooses the default options everytime. Sorry for the delay. I was in a meeting

1 Like

Still stuck

Got this

==> ERROR: Could not resolve all dependencies.
→ error making: pamac-all-exit status 8
loading packages…
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
:: libpamac-full and libpamac-aur are in conflict. Remove libpamac-aur? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing libpamac-aur breaks dependency ‘libpamac-aur>=11.5’ required by pamac-aur
→ error installing: [/home/joel/.cache/yay/libpamac-full/libpamac-full-1:11.5.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst] - exit status 1
error installing: [/home/joel/.cache/yay/libpamac-full/libpamac-full-1:11.5.3-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst] - exit status 1

sudo pacman -R libpamac-aur pamac-aur
first

then try installing pamac-full

1 Like

Thank you!!! :grinning:

That solved the problem.

1 Like