kernel    5.14.12-arch1-1

sudo snap debug paths:

SNAPD_MOUNT=/var/lib/snapd/snap
SNAPD_BIN=/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin
SNAPD_LIBEXEC=/usr/lib/snapd

ls /snap:

bin README snap

1 Like

Oh i see you don’t have any snaps installed. Thats good.
Can you validate that with

sudo snap list --all

The snap folder in there is a symlink from the ln -s command. Normally the guides assume that a /snap folder isn’t present, but since snap wasn’t putting into the correct path and had already created /snap the command instead created one inside the already present folder.
You can just go ahead and unlink that with

sudo unlink /snap/snap

Yeah I just tried installing the “Zeplin” snap after this last post via the software GUI manager and about 15% in or so it got stuck and didn’t move. So I closed out and went to the terminal. When trying to install hello world it appear to freeze too. I ran “sudo systemctl start snapd” at some point and then tried to install hello world again and it said it was installed. Then I tried “zeplin” from the terminal and it worked! Thanks again now I don’t have to boot into windows :slight_smile:

I ran the unlink command and here is the output of the other one

sudo snap list --all:

Name               Version                     Rev    Tracking       Publisher   Notes
bare               1.0                         5      latest/stable  canonical✓  base
core               16-2.52                     11798  latest/stable  canonical✓  core
core18             20210722                    2128   latest/stable  canonical✓  base
gnome-3-28-1804    3.28.0-19-g98f9e67.98f9e67  161    latest/stable  canonical✓  -
gtk-common-themes  0.1-59-g7bca6ae             1519   latest/stable  canonical✓  -
hello-world        6.4                         29     latest/stable  canonical✓  -
zeplin-lukewh      1.0.0                       3      latest/stable  lukewh      -

Oh so it works now? That’s great to hear.

If you want to enable support for classic snaps then you can just remove the /snap folder and run this again.

ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap

Should create the proper symlink then.

Oh ok, not sure what classic snaps are? I didn’t know there were two types but I ran this command too. Thanks again for all your help

1 Like

Arch and some other distros run their snaps from /var/lib/snapd/snap but some of the older snaps that still run in classic mode expect to be present in /snap because it is where they were originally put and is still the default on a lot of distros.
Creating the symlink will allow those app’s that still use that mode to be installed. Tho i don’t think many are still around and they would complain when you try to install them so it isn’t strictly necessary.

Glad you got it all working. If you run into anymore issues don’t hesitate to let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like