My system does not shut down, anyone an idea? THX

I think the issue would be in the lines saying failing to unmount /oldroot/sys , never heard of : - )

( OTHERWISE THE SYSTEM IS PERFORMING VERY WELL )

Is your systemd updated to its latest version?

just looked, yes up to date …

Before shutting down or rebooting, try running

lsof | grep /path/to/device 

for the first device/resource that you have seen show this error. Replace /oldroot with just /

This will help diagnose why the device is busy

done that, so at shutdown it is telling:

failed to start system suspend.[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Suspend.nd

This is puzzling. While I search, could you run

sudo mkinitcpio -P

and try rebooting once?

I’m not sure this would help…

If you can complete the steps under Diagnosing Shutdown Problems and share the log file shutdown-log.txt resulting from the instructions, it would be helpful for diagnosing the problem

i am on a chroot enviroment now, it is saying :

error: failed to synchronize all databases (no servers configured for repository)

1. Refresh Mirrors
sudo /usr/bin/refresh-mirrors-rebornos.sh
  1. Delete databases (Optional)
sudo rm -r /var/lib/pacman/sync
  1. Re-download databases
sudo pacman -Syy
1 Like
ERROR:../polkit/src/programs/pkexec.c:750:main: assertion failed: (polkit_unix_process_get_start_time (POLKIT_UNIX_PROCESS (subject)) > 0)
Bail out! ERROR:../polkit/src/programs/pkexec.c:750:main: assertion failed: (polkit_unix_process_get_start_time (POLKIT_UNIX_PROCESS (subject)) > 0)
/usr/bin/refresh-mirrors-rebornos.sh: line 5:  4842 Aborted                 (core dumped) pkexec /usr/bin/rate-mirrors --concurrency=16 --per-mirror-timeout=3000 --allow-root --save=/etc/pacman.d/reborn-mirrorlist rebornos

that comes after the refresh

Are you on a RebornOS live ISO? you can run those commands outside the chroot environment.

OK I TRY THAT … AGAIN THERE

Is RebornOS not booting? The instructions linked earlier do not need you to chroot

my LTS kernel brings me to the desktop allright :slight_smile:

now I am logged in

THAT WORKED thanks :slight_smile:

What you marked as the solution is not related to your original problem.

Is the system still not shutting down with the regular linux kernel?

oh yes that was a mistake, reverted,I was happy about the rescue, so now I am operating with the LTS - Kernel

it seems like a systemd issue right ?