"Manually block sleep and screen locking" not working anymore

the Computer goes to sleep despite above setting beeing active.

Has anyone an idea how to approach the problem?
greetings andy

Is this the KDE Plasma desktop?

Does this seem similar to the problem you have? https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/11sny87/sleep_and_screen_locking_not_working/

yes, it is also my suspicion, this is a random plasma crash…maybe I should utilize plasma crash log something :slight_smile: ?

You can. Was it working before? @CookieSource might be more familiar with KDE, but if the checkbox does not do what it says, it could be a KDE Plasma bug which should be reported.

1 Like

yes … now I googled for that problem, but nothing found yet. My temp. solution is to deactivate power save in the settings, which luckily works fine …

Now that you mention power saving, I wonder if they intentionally changed the behavior. In any case, @CookieSource is on KDE Plasma, so they can test to see if the same problem is present.

thank you all, I am very curious, even if it is a minor problem still it is a constantly used feature :slight_smile:

I will have a look in a bit when I’m at work

I looked into this and I don’t have this issue so it’s most likely a driver/device thing

thanks so far : - ) I do not have the problem permanently, but like random wise

update: further, I found out, that the crash happens as I switch on my KVM device