Gaming on Reborn os

I wuold like to know if it possible to use Reborn for gaming such as wine steam lutris bottles?

Yes. RebornOS is general purpose. You can use it for anything that you can use Arch Linux for, since RebornOS is based on Arch Linux.

1 Like

so it is reccomended for gaming ?

We don’t have any gaming-specific optimizations. There are other distros which do those. We do provide an option to select gaming related packages in the installer on the Advanced screen.

Whether you should use this distro for gaming or not depends on your familiarity with tweaking things on Linux.

What are some games you are interested in playing?

I mean all games from steam for example lik FIFA 23 or DOOM or games that come from gog games like outlast 1 and 2 and epic games

Not all games from Steam will run on Linux. For each game you want to play, please search the name of the game on protondb.com and on the page for that game, verify that the game is compatible. However, if the game is known to run on Linux, it will run on RebornOS.

is wine available at its latest version 9.8 ?

Yes (Arch Linux - wine 9.8-2 (x86_64)). The advantage of Arch Linux (and hence also RebornOS) is that you almost always (with some exceptions) get the latest release versions.

thanks just last question of all between kde gnone xfce which is the best towards gaming or are they all the same ?

Unless you have very old hardware, they should give similar performance, even though technically lighter desktop environments like Xfce should result in more available resources. However I recommend choosing desktop environments based on what you like using (try them out on a VM) because a desktop environment is what one spends a lot of time on while using the computer.