Share your Culture!

Share an interesting thing about your country, state/province, city, ethnicity, food or culture. Pictures are welcome and encouraged :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I am a vegetarian atheist from Germany, who likes american English, rock and roll piano and music in general …

2 Likes

That’s great to know. I didn’t understand what the picture is about :sweat_smile:

I thought my post will be less boring with a nearly matching picture ( shows my blues harp : - ) )

With that, I also wanted to say, it is more about how you are, or how you think, rather than
where you come from, am I right :slight_smile: ?

Yeah. I still find it interesting to meet a diverse group of people from different backgrounds, cultures, cuisines, etc.

On a different topic, this is from the written script of my language: ಠ_ಠ Look of Disapproval | Know Your Meme

2 Likes

Yeah. I still find it interesting to meet a diverse group of people from different backgrounds, cultures, cuisines, etc

@shivanandvp Yes, I certainly agree :slight_smile:

On a different topic, this is from the written script of my language: ಠ_ಠ Look of Disapproval | Know Your Meme

That is interesting, which language is that?

Some traditional danish cuisine called smørrebrød ( “smør og brød” as in butter and bread).
They are open faced sandwiches consisting of buttered bread stacked with meat or fish along with spreads and garnish. The bread is usually danish sourdough rye-bread (popular danish staple) but can also be white bread.

There are different types with different stacks. The one shown below is called stjerneskud (shooting star) and the version in the picture is with battered plaice, smoked salmon, shrimps, caviar, white asparagus, mayonnaise, lemon and roasted white bread.

2 Likes

Kannada, spoken in Karnataka

1 Like

wow, they are still moving :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes. Quick get them before they escape!

A lovely danish evening

3 Likes

Do you spend a lot of time outdoors? It must be cold now. Do you get Northern Lights? (Aurora Borealis)

I can say no to both :grin:
Just stopped on my way home to take a picture.
Sometimes during the morning or evening you can get some beautiful views with fog down low on the ground and the sun peeping out in the horizon.

Denmark is too far south to get regular northern lights as far as I know. Can’t think of a event at least. Tho if there’s high solar activity it should be possible, think we had some a while back.

descarga
Ajiaco :smiley:

3 Likes

it is a tiny picture, but looks like healthy food & also WELCOME :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

what a nice picture :slight_smile:

1 Like