RebornOS Live Offline Installation

Need offline installation option for RebornOS live environment. Why need to re-download gnome?

Please stop noise in DE of unnecessary default install tools. Let us make our choice, It will help in download performance and installation and reduce ISO size. A total of 20 unnecessary tools, be different. example, Avahi…install the service only, Boxes, Cheese, Dconf, Exchimixer, Envy24, Firmware, Hardware, HDAjack, DDSP, HWm, Icon browser, Web, Vim, QLV4L2, Iftp, maps, books…

• Why all these tools?..

We appreciate your suggestions. We will take them into account, since we are developing a new installer.

I hope you are well.

Greeting.

@dostana

One possibility would be, for example, to just start a base installation (available from the Reborn-OS installer) and then install the packages you need.

That is definitely better than removing a lot of packages afterwards. In addition, I would not find it so useful to have an offline installer, because due to the rolling-release model, new packages are constantly being updated. Then the Reborn-OS team would have to bring out a new ISO every few days. The download time and subsequent update of the packages is disproportionate to this. Therefore, it is probably better to have a base install and then the packages that are important to you/for your de.

Apart from that: I’m also looking forward to the new installer, which is apparently called Fenix.

1 Like

New installer is indeed called Fenix it’s repository can be found here RebornOS Team / Fenix Installer · GitLab image

2 Likes