Install Brother MFC-L2700DW on RebornOS

need to get my Brother MFC-L2700DW printer working on RebornOS. I have a packaged driver (Deb) installed. Brother does NOT provide a ppd for this driver. It initially auto configured to a USB connection. I need a wifi setup and tried an ipp setup in it’s place. CUPS is set up and connected. AVAHI detects but offers multiple setups. Can anyone offer anything to help me het this printer going? It works on Manjaro and Arcolinux. Not on Arch, and so far on RebornOS. Thanks in advance.

NEW

@eddbee
I need to get my Brother MFC-L2700DW printer working on RebornOS. I have a packaged driver (Deb) installed. Brother does NOT provide a ppd for this driver. It initially auto configured to a USB connection. I need a wifi setup and tried an ipp setup in it’s place. CUPS is set up and connected. AVAHI detects but offers multiple setups. Can anyone offer anything to help me het this printer going? It works on Manjaro and Arcolinux. Not on Arch, and so far on RebornOS. Thanks in advance.

Hi @eddbee :slight_smile: !

Have you installed these packages?

yay -S brother-mfc-l2700dw brscan4

Also enable cups

sudo systemctl enable cups.socket

sudo systemctl restart cups.socket

@shivanandvp post should do it, if not, you can always use the universal method for the finicky printers using IPP everywhere. Just make sure cups is enabled and running as the above post from a command line run:

lpadmin -p MFC-L2700DW -E -v "ipp://11.22.33.44/ipp/BINARY_P1" -m everywhere

Just be sure to use your printer IP…

1 Like

Thanks that’s very useful. I assume you can also substitute the name with the correct one in this?

That is correct… :+1:

1 Like