Brother MFC J430W CAN'T PRINT

I have this printer in wifi but it will not print it shows up in libreoffice writer “mfc-j430w” but when I hit print nothing happens

adding

some more pictures of the problem

Hi @Batmanxx!

To see what the actual error is, we need to look at the CUPS logs. The full instructions are found here in the Arch Wiki - CUPS Troubleshooting - Debug Log. Reproducing those instructions here:

1. Open the cups configuration using the command sudo nano /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and edit the LogLevel as below:
    LogLevel debug
    (Then save and exit the file)
  2. Try running a print job.
  3. View the logs using the following command: tail -n 100 -f /var/log/cups/error_log.
  4. Paste the error messages here so that we can check

Please let me know if you have any difficulty following these instructions

Please what should I do next Im not an expert in linux thanks

Please where on the page should I enter LogLevel debug and then save, also how do you save the page?

I have teamviwer installed if you can be so kind to help if possible

Replace LogLevel warn with LogLevel debug and save

@Batmanxx I’m on my phone currently. Do you prefer getting help on our Discord Server? It is more immediate as it is a messaging app. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/cU5s6MPpQH

I’ll go to sleep now, but if you want to, you can get help on the Discord Server sooner. Just use @RebornOS Support in your message.

Welcome to RebornOS.

Did you add your Brother printer automatically? In the RebornOS repository we have a compiled driver for your model (we made it at the request of another user, I don’t remember his name. The driver is brother-mfc-j430w. You can install it from the terminal, with:

sudo pacman -S brother-mfc-j430w

About this driver, a user comments the following:

“To print from my system, I had to add the printer in CUPS as a ‘LPD/LPR Host or Printer’, and my connection is ‘lpd://PRINTER_IP/BINARY_P1’ substituting my printer’s ip address for PRINTER_IP. Hope this helps someone else.”

Try first without modifying anything, to see what happens.

Remember that you can access the printer installation from your web browser. To do this, enter the following as the address:

localhost:631

I personally have no experience with Brother printers, but we try to help where possible.

Greetings and take care!

I did insert sudo pacman -S brother-mfc-j430w and go on localhost:631 at the moment it is still not printing this are the result i got from localhost:631

Also I tried to print no results

Also how do you change LogLevel warn with LogLevel debug and save the written is in black how do you modify and change ? that I asked if of you could get into my pc with Teamviewer if possible new to linux only 1 week !!!