I need to enable TLS 1.2

Well, I’ve never had this happen. I’ve installed Scrivener, a Windows writing software, which I’ve done many times before. To activate the software, I entered my purchased software key, and the registration failed with a “Please enable TLS 1.2 on this machine”.

I have checked and gnutls is installed. I reinstalled just to say I did it. I checked certificates with “trust list” and I have certificates, several certificates. But how do I “turn on” TLS 1.2? I can’t seem to find any answer anywhere except for some wall-o-text server articles that turn my brain to mush, and it’s way too early for that, even with coffee.

Does this help? How to configure TLS 1.2 on UNIX or GNU/Linux - Admin... by accident!

Thank you for that but I actually examined that earlier this morning. I finally realized that since I’m using Winetricks to run Scrivener, the issue probably lies there.

I briefly scanned the available add ons(?) a while ago and there is one that mentions TLS. Later today I’m going to examine that.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We can clear RebornOS’ good name on this one I think.:grin: