Cinnamon settings will not start

Hello,

I installed RebornOS Cinnamon and at first I had no problems but then I installed plank and some themes. Then cinnamon settings stopped working. No problem I just decided to reinstall, I got this error message in the terminal:

File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 793, in <module>
    window = MainWindow()
  File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 317, in __init__
    self.init_settings_overview()
  File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 325, in init_settings_overview
    self.load_python_modules()
  File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/cinnamon-settings.py", line 494, in load_python_modules
    for module in map(__import__, to_import):
  File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/modules/cs_notifications.py", line 4, in <module>
    gi.require_version('Notify', '0.7')
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 129, in require_version
    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available for version %s' %
ValueError: Namespace Notify not available for version 0.7

I reinstalled two more times and no other software but this message keeps happening. Any help would be so much appreciated

1 Like

try executing the following command

yay -S python-notify2
1 Like

Found this workaround on the manjaro forums

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you but it still doesn’t open. I can seem open the individual items like startup applications and mouse/touchpad

@historyb

sudo pacman -Sy cinnamon-settings-daemon libnotify
3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you, I did Try that first when I searched the error,

Hi,

Thank you it worked. libnotify-gtk2 was removed and replace with your command and it works. Thank you very much again…

3 Likes