[SOLVED] Rebornos-Fire Unavailable

Installed Reborn again (had it on last week, tried a few others, but I liked RebornOS best - Normally an Ubuntu user, but learned on Gentoo, RedHat (later Fedora), and Stock Debain) and this time around, when I attempt to install rebornos-fire it cannot find a packaged named rebornos-fire (sudo pacman -S rebornos-fire) … Also tired to install it via yay with the same results … System updates fine, and works well but I would really like to change the login, and switch back to Gnome (nothing against XFCE, but I know how to make Gnome look and feel more my style).

Am I missing a repository? If so, where are their config’s held on my machine?

Thank you much :slight_smile:

Hi @67comet ,

Which device is this being tried on? Does it have an x86_64 CPU or an ARM-based CPU?

Hello,

It’s on a new 64 bit (Intel i5 in a 2019 Lenovo notebook - IdeaPad).

Perhaps the RebornOS repository is not present.

1. Could you check if the reborn-mirrolist package is present? Run
pacman -Q | grep reborn-mirrorlist
  1. Could you check if your /etc/pacman.conf has the below lines?
[Reborn-OS]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/reborn-mirrorlist

Run

cat /etc/pacman.conf

Ran through your requests and it looks like zip.

pacman -Q | grep reborn-mirrorlist
(Nothing, just next line)

I don’t see:

[Reborn-OS]

Is there a example mirror list or pacman.conf file?

Thank you for your time :)

@67comet

1. Download the mirrorlist package from here: https://mirror.clarkson.edu/RebornOS/RebornOS/rebornos-mirrorlist-20221206-1-any.pkg.tar.zst

2. Open a terminal in the directory where the .zst file is, and run

sudo pacman -U rebornos-mirrorlist*.pkg.*
  1. After installing the mirrorlist in Step 2, you can edit /etc/pacman.conf like
sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

and add the below lines at the end (or above chaotic-aur if you have something like that in the file)

[Reborn-OS]

Save and exit the editor (Ctrl X)

1. Redownload package databases while installing rebornos-fire
sudo pacman -Syy rebornos-fire

Looks like it added it but had some issues with the signature from RebornOS. Here’s what I did to fix it:

Following several threads on here, I found one that worked (but I had to read up because I didn’t know what they were looking at and obviously you can’t just copy paste what they’re working on.

In my case I followed along with this one since it was very similar (different, but same):
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=233480

In my case it was this part (copied from the results of the following command):

[me@Rebornovo$] pacman-key --list-sigs Master

pub ed25519 2021-05-12 [SC]
38D3F838D6A0A3AB32DDDF2299EABCFB664B3E5F
uid [ unknown ] SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail .com>
sig 3 99EABCFB664B3E5F 2021-05-12 SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail .com>
sig L EB7AFC501DFF1F55 2023-02-11 Pacman Keyring Master Key <pacman@ localhost>
sub cv25519 2021-05-12 [E]
sig 99EABCFB664B3E5F 2021-05-12 SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail .com>

Then to update his signature, I ran:
[me@Rebornovo$] sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 38D3F838D6A0A3AB32DDDF2299EABCFB664B3E5F

Now when I request the sigs for SoulHarch007 it comes back full instead of unknown and seems to be working fine again:

[me@Rebornovo Downloads]$ pacman-key --list-sigs SoulHarsh007

gpg: Note: trustdb not writable
pub ed25519 2021-05-12 [SC]
38D3F838D6A0A3AB32DDDF2299EABCFB664B3E5F
uid [ full ] SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail .com>
sig 3 99EABCFB664B3E5F 2021-05-12 SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail .com>
sig L EB7AFC501DFF1F55 2023-02-11 Pacman Keyring Master Key <pacman@ localhost>
sub cv25519 2021-05-12 [E]
sig 99EABCFB664B3E5F 2021-05-12 SoulHarsh007 (Arch Linux Master Key) <harshtheking@hotmail. com>

I ran a quick update (just did the entire thing cuz why not?):
sudo pacman -Syyu
then
sudo pacman -S rebornos-fire
and all is right in the world again.

I appreciate your help getting the RebornOS mirror list fired back up with me @shivanandvp Now I can get back to 3D printing all the crap and junk my friends and family keep bugging me for :smile:

PS I gotta change this to “Solved” now though …

@67comet I apologize I missed checking for the keyring package. You may continue to face problems with other apps unless you have this:

1. Download the mirrorlist package from here: https://mirror.clarkson.edu/RebornOS/RebornOS/rebornos-keyring-20220425-1-any.pkg.tar.zst

2. Open a terminal in the directory where the .zst file is, and run

sudo pacman -U rebornos-keyring*.pkg.*
  1. Perhaps also install refresh-mirrors so that you can recover if some mirrors get outdated
sudo pacman -S refresh-mirrors